Monday 11 March 2013

It's a plan! St Patrick's day

I love holidays!
I love making special food, doing crafts and just having fun with my boys.
Seeing as St Patrick's day is just around the corner, I think it is the perfect time to explore colours!
I've put together a little plan for the St Patrick's weekend. I will post pictures of our adventures after we've done them! Chances are we will not be able to do everything, however,  if we have a plan, there is hope!

Colours: Green, red, blue, yellow
Sensory: green playdough
Science: Ice cube melting, use food colouring to make red, blue and yellow ice cubes, explore colour mixing as they melt. Ask your children to make predictions
Another science activity I've been meaning to try is coloured flowers, I think St Patrick's day lends itself perfectly towards this activity!

Friday afternoon: Shamrock collage, Large shamrock shaped paper. Children tear pieces of magazine and stick on. (each child makes 2, turn into a garland) find inspiration and plenty of great ideas here

Saturday: Mint chocolate chip cookies, find the recipe on this lovely blog. While these are baking, we might make some hats! There are several great ideas out there, these hats are easy and cute!!
    
Sunday: I think we'll celebrate with lots of green food, and perhaps have a Shamrock and Chocolate coin hunt

Because my boys love baths, I'm sure we'll have to try a themed bath time at some point in the weekend, I love this idea by In lieu of preschool!

A friend gave me this very easy recipe for playdough, I will try it out this week.

No cook Kool-Aid playdough
1 cup flour
1/2 cup salt
2 drink mix packs of kool-aid (1Tbsp)
2 Tbsp oil
1 cup boiling water

Mix  the dry ingredients and oil
Add the water and mix with a wooden spoon until it's too thick to stir
Kneed the mixture until it forms a soft ball.


Enjoy your playtime!
Tiana

Shopping list:
Food colouring
carnations/daisies
sugar cookie mix
paper plates
green kool-aid
flour
oil
salt
chocolate coins

No comments:

Post a Comment